About i2k Align
The desktop software will run on:
Windows XP (32-bit only)
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1
Mac OSX 10.6 and beyond
Linux (Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora and others)
The trial version is functional for a trial period of 15 days or 75
runs. The montages and images created during the trial period are
full-resolution but have watermarks.
Help with installation and running i2k Align is available at
1. ||You may need to uncompress the file you downloaded or, in Mac
OS X, open the .dmg file.
2.||Make sure the date is set correctly on your computer.
3.|| Double Click on the installer file and follow the onscreen instructions.
4.||The software starts in trial mode. At any time, you may purchase an
activation code to license the software and run the full
Release 3.0.0 (1/26/2016)
* This is a pre-release of v 3.0 with numerous new features and improvements.
Support of illumination correction (color balancing) for 16-bit images (including 10-bit or 12-bit)
- i2k Retina Pro supports registration, alignment, and montage for adaptive optics
applications. A new input type called "grid file", which includes images and their
fixation grid info, is added to load AO images to a registration session. A new
image type "Adaptive Optics" is also added for AO images.
- i2k Retina Pro supports output of montages from multiple components.
- Support of output PSD (Photoshop multi-layer file)
- APIs are heavily changed, with new ones added to handle AO images, ...
Release 2.4.0 (11/23/2015)
API change to avoid generating horrendously long file names
- Slight improvement on retinal mask detection
Release 2.3.5 (11/18/2015)
Fixed an issue that resulted in jagged edge on a mosaic, which was caused by tiny weights
generated from bi-cubic intepolation.
Release 2.3.4 (10/25/2015)
Improved retinal mask detection with 16-bit images
Release 2.3.3 (8/15/2015)
Fixed an issue that led to file corruption, which may occur when running multiple instances of the program.
Release 2.3.2 (3/25/2015)
- Fixed a seam selection issue
- Fixed the use of grey-scale mask image. It is converted to piror weights in blending.
- Fixed saving of transforms when output dir is set.
Release 2.3.1 (2/1/2015)
- Fixed renewal dialog for subscription license.
- Fixed transfer of intensities on grayscale mask image to initial blending weights.
- Warn about non-existent path from library.
- Fixed blending memory computation for huge resolution images
- A few minor fixes regarding blending observers.
Release 2.3.0 (11/24/2014)
- Enhanced the output format of correspondence text file to include residual and weighted RMSE.
- Unified naming convention of API functions which specifies region of interest.
- Fixed a bug where it may lead to crash when a target image is selected with planar layout.
- Upgraded to the latest TIFF lib v4.0.3 for Windows build
Release 2.2.1 (9/09/2014)
- Fixed a rare thread racing condition that resulted in program crash.
- Fixed a check on duplicate predicted image pairs during multi-image alignment and inference.
- Updated command-line executable documentation.
Release 2.2.0 (8/02/2014)
- Fixed a bug in licensing that affects display of expiration message
- Fixed a bug in licensing that affects software activation
- Minor performance improvement
- Re-enabled illumination correction for retinal images in align mode.
- Upgraded to Qt 5 for GUI program
- Synchronize mode in i2k Viewer now sync between multiple images
Release 2.1.7 (9/12/2013)
- Added a function to allow specifying the pixel layout of output memory images.
Release 2.1.6 (4/26/2013)
- Fixed a crash issue during loading small resolution images.
- Fixed a bug in multi-image alignment observer.
- Improved pairwise alignment decision for small resolution images.
- Improved memory consumption control during output of aligned images.
- Improved efficiency during illumination correction on aligned images.
Release 2.1.5 (4/11/2013)
- Licensing change so that a single license can work with both 32-bit and 64-bit software on a machine.
- Fixed a bug that can lead to negative amount of memory during blending process.
Release 2.1.4 (4/04/2013)
- Fixed an issue that caused program to crashed during seam selection.
- Fixed an issue related to image memory management.
- Fixed logging to a file option in GUI program.
Release 2.1.3 (3/19/2013)
- Fixed an issue that potentially causing hard crash after receiving a cancel request.
- Fixed parsing of (top-down scan) BMP image format.
- Updated tutorials for using the command-line executable (available in API package)
- Included Synchronized Mode lib in the API package
Release 2.1.2 (2/1/2013)
- Fixed affine layout in retinal image type, which was inadvently changed to quadratic layout.
- Fixed the output of target image and restored the image to its full dimension.
Release 2.1.1 (1/6/2013)
- Fixed a license related issue.
- More careful wordings in a few error messages.
Release 2.1.0 (12/06/2012)
- Introduced save and load of image registration result file.
- Introduced a number of API functions to query input and output images.
- Fixed an issue related with saving transparency channel in 16-bit TIFF/PNG image.
- Allowed affine layout with retinal images.
- Fixed quadratic layout in Single and Multi-modal image type.
- Fixed an issue related with the handling of cancel request.
- Update of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime.
- Misc Speed improvements.
Release 2.0.4 (7/03/2012)
- Fixed an implicit conversion between floating point and integer on Mac and Linux,
which affected planar layout and spherical layout.
- Improved API functions for Synchronized view.
- Fixed a bug in i2k Viewer where the program crashed at loading a new sync project.
i2k Align® support can be contacted here.